The gravestones on this site, dating from 1690, are the oldest in Lexington. Buried here are Capt. John Parker of the Minutemen and the British soldier wounded on the British retreat from Concord on April 19, 1775 (who died three days later, at the Buckman Tavern).
The Old Burying Ground is located off Massachusetts Avenue, west of the Lexington Battle Green. Walk in from Harrington Road at the stone marker next to the church.