Originally built on its present site in 1762, the Belfry was moved to the Battle Green in 1768. From there the bell summoned people to worship, warned them of danger, tolled on their deaths, and sounded the alarm of April 19, 1775. After the original structure was lost to fire, this exact reproduction was built in 1910 on the Belfry’s original site on Belfry Hill.
Where it is: The Belfry is located atop the hill at Massachusetts Avenue and Clarke Street. map >>