Full Day in Lexington

9:00 AM

15-30 mins

Lexington Visitors Center

1875 Massachusetts Ave, Lexington, MA 02420


The newly built Visitors Center was opened in June 2020, and is located right across the historic site, the Battle Green, where the first battle of the American Revolutionary War took place. The center offers several different costume guided tour options including the Battle Green tours, Liberty Ride Trolley tours, Step-On Charter Tours, and more. Inside, it has dedicated informational rooms for the Battle of Lexington diorama and the U.S.S. Lexington Memorial. The Center has bus parking, bathrooms, and a gift shop. It is in downtown Lexington right next to museums, restaurants, and gift shops, and there are many hotel options within 5 miles. The Town will be celebrating its 250th Anniversary of the Battle of Lexington in 2025.

Daily Hours: 9am-4pm  

9:30 AM

30-45 mins

Buckman Tavern (1709)

1 Bedford St, Lexington, MA 02420, USA


Built in 1709 by Benjamin Muzzey, the Buckman Tavern was a gathering place for both locals and travelers and the site of many important town meetings. Captain Parker and his militia gathered in this tavern in the early morning hours of April 19, 1775, to await the oncoming British Redcoat troops. Today, the building has been restored as a museum, with an upstairs which features galleries on a rotating and permanent basis.

10:00 AM

45-60 mins

Battle Green Tour

On the one-hour tour, you will explore this National Historic Landmark with our costumed guide. You will learn about the notable sites and historic houses around Lexington Battle Green, where “the first blood was spilt in the dispute with Great Britain,” as George Washington wrote in his diary.

It is considered consecrated ground, both for the blood that was shed on it and for the militiamen who are interred here.

11:45 AM

90 mins

Liberty Ride Trolley Tour

Hop aboard the Liberty Ride and travel back in time! The Liberty Ride is a 90-minute guided trolley tour. An entertaining and knowledgeable guide in authentic period dress will provide you with historically accurate information about the Battle of Lexington and Concord as well as life in Colonial America. During the trolley ride you will see historic sites and attractions in both Lexington and Concord.

2:00 PM

45-60 mins

Hancock-Clarke House (1737)

36 Hancock Street, Lexington, MA


The parsonage was originally built for John Hancock I, the grandfather of the patriot John Hancock. Subsequently, the house was occupied by Jonas Clarke and his family. It was built on what later became Hancock Street. In 1775, just after midnight, Paul Revere arrived on horseback to inform John Hancock and Sam Adams that "the Regulars are out," not the commonly known phrase, "The British are coming." John Hancock and Sam Adams were guests at the Hancock-Clarke house at this time. The house contains period furnishings and portraits. A barn behind the Hancock-Clarke House will be named the Ruth Morey Education Center. The Hancock-Clarke house is owned and operated by the Lexington Historical Society.  

3:15 PM

30-45 mins

Munroe Tavern (1735)

1332 Massachusetts Ave, Lexington, MA 02420, USA


Munroe Tavern was built in 1735 by David Comee. In 1770, William Munroe bought the retail shop from John Buckman Jr. He obtained permission from the town to operate as a tavern in 1774. It then served as a temporary headquarters and field hospital for British Brigadier General Earl Percy and his 1,000 reinforcements on the afternoon of April 19, 1775. Fourteen years later, President Washington dined at the tavern when he visited the Lexington battlefield in 1789. The Munroe Tavern is owned and operated by the Lexington Historical Society.

4:00 PM

30-45 mins

The Minuteman Commuter Bikeway

6 Fletcher Ave, Lexington, MA 02420, USA

The 10.1 mile Minuteman Bikeway, “America’s Revolutionary Rail-Trail,” begins at Alewife Station in Cambridge, passes through Arlington and Lexington, and ends one mile into Bedford. The 12-foot wide paved bikeway is a year-round trail well-used by bike riders, walkers, joggers and skaters. Opened in 1993 on the railbanked Lexington Branch of the Boston & Maine railroad, in 2008 the bikeway was the fifth rail-trail in the country to be inducted into the national Rails-to-Trails Conservancy Hall of Fame. In Arlington and Lexington the bikeway parallels the Revolutionary Battle Road; and in Lexington, it abuts historic Parker Meadow, Tower Park, and Arlington’s Great Meadow. Five of the 12 ACROSS Lexington walking and biking routes — a network of marked routes connecting open spaces throughout the town — include sections of the Minuteman Bikeway.